“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” –Sun Tzu
LinkedIn can increase you market reach exponentially. Never before in history have business owners had so much information at their fingertips, with such close proximity and access to their markets. LinkedIn is an effective marketing channel that targets businesses and professionals.
Here are 4 tactics you can use to increase your market reach:
- Search for Prospects:
The power of LinkedIn search of its database is incredible. You will find extensive information on your prospects. Let’s look at some key data points to help you in your search. There are three levels of connections as they relate to you:
- First degree connections are direct contacts
- Second degree connections require a connection request
- Third degree connections require an introduction from your shared connection
The type of information LinkedIn provides is also amazing:
- You can determine the background of the connection
- You can see the connections you have in common with your prospect
- You also can find information on their products and services
- You can find common interests, schools, charity, and much more to help you establish common ground with your prospect
- Conduct a monthly search
- Compile a list of your results
- Choose the top three decision makers
- Decide how to reach them
- Try to connect with them by the end of the month
- When you make the connection request, introduce yourself by sharing a common interest
Here is an example:
If the prospect’s charity interest is feeding the homeless and you share that same passion, let them know in your introduction.
“Hi Joe! I see we work every Saturday to feed the homeless people by serving food in a shelter. I am so excited. My wife and I just helped a homeless mother and her two small children not only eat a hot meal, but we placed them in a woman’s shelter. How about you? Let’s connect and get to know each other.”
Frankly, it would be difficult not to connect with a person sharing your social cause.
- Join Targeted Groups:
Groups are an excellent way to market your business, products and / or services to interested parties. The trick is not to become a spammer by only using the group to promote your stuff. Instead, become a resource to the group within your expertise. Over time, people will come to know, like and trust you.
- Join three group
- Find 2 that you believe your target market uses
- Find one your colleagues use
- Create a unique introduction for each group
- Participate daily.
- Create Your Own Group:
If your goal is to make sales, then create a group for your target audience with you as the leading expert. Share information with the group and offer to help members with problems. People will remember you as the expert.
- Use existing material you created (like your blog) and use it for a group
- Invite the people to join
- Ask them to invite others
- Consider marketing the group to get more members
- Interact regularly with your group.
- Purchase Direct Ads:
The best use of direct ads is with your company page.
- You can budget expenses via “Impressions” or “Clicks”
- You can create a variety of ads
- Target your audience with relevant keywords in the text of the ad
- With the right “Call to Action,” these ads will generate leads
- LinkedIn ads are effective in promoting your brand
- LinkedIn ads can build your targeted connections list
- LinkedIn ads are cost effective
- Selecting the right keywords will reach your key business customers
Following these four marketing strategies for LinkedIn will help you expand your reach, increase brand awareness, and improve sales.
Need help creating your profile?
Connect with me on my LinkedIn Profile Page at:
I accept all connection requests. Also, you can contact me at the following addresses:
LinkedIn Profile Makeover Consultant
LinkedIn Lead Generation Expert
Telephone: (US Eastern Time Zone) 352-443-6734
Schedule a ten minute appointment: calendly.com/whall40/
LinkedIn Profile Page: linkedin.com/in/william-t-hall-lion-1134b523
Did you like this article? Let me know today. Leave a comment, like, and share this article with your friends.