Many business owners and start-ups simply don’t take their website seriously enough. They use free builders or free blogging application to build their websites.
Or worse – some people think they can use only a Facebook page or a LinkedIn account and not even have a website, yet get the same results. If they do have a website, they don’t add the functionality it needs, or think about their audience when they put content on the site. In short, it’s obvious they don’t take their website seriously.
If you’re committing any of these sins, stop.
Your website is a serious tool to bring serious business to you. Here are five reasons to take your website seriously
- Your Website Is Open 24/7:
Using the right technology, you can bring people to your website who will read your content and sign up for your email list. They might even land on specialized landing pages that encourage them to buy something that you’re offering.
2. People Use Google First:
Most people use Google Search to find what they need before they leave their house. If you’ve filled your website with the right content, that content will help people searching for certain terms to find you and your business.
3. It’s an Effective Branding Mechanism:
You can use your website as a way to further brand your business. Today, it’s expected that you have a website for your business. It’s more than a brochure and more than a place to get information. It’s the storefront for your business on the web. If you have a local business, the site will drive traffic to your physical store.
4. You’ll Get More Customers:
You website must have the following:
- A good home page with targeted content
- An “About” page that explains your story
- An email sign-up form to collect information from your target audience
5. You’ll Earn More Revenue:
It’s a proven fact (according to the Small Business Administration) that business owners who also have good websites earn more money. In fact, if you make sales online, over 50 percent come from new customers attracted to your website.
6. Your Competitors Have One:
Even if you don’t want to do it, you need to because your competition is doing it. Otherwise, when someone does a search for a business like yours, they’ll find theirs and not yours.
7. It’s a Marketing Machine:
Your website is a genuine marketing machine because:
- It draws in interested people
- Teaches them about your offerings
- Allow you to tell your story
- The content then convinces the reader to try your products or services
- All of this activity is done without your continued monitoring. Once it’s set up, it works for you.
8. Your Website Is the Center of All Your Marketing and Branding Efforts:
The truth is, your website should be considered the hub of all your online activities. Every social media post should lead back to your website. The The key point is to provide content that your audience wants to read, engage, and then share with social media.
Having an effective website proves that not only do you take your business seriously, you also take modern technology seriously. Websites give confidence to consumers that you’re a real business and not a scam.
Because people like buying from those that they feel they know, like and trust, a website is the first step to building that reputation.