Online Profits with a Successful Subscription Website
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right.” –Henry Ford
Many of the world’s most profitable websites are subscription websites. Even on a small scale, subscription websites can earn a lot of money for much less work than single-sale websites. This is a passive income strategy that will work for people who are retired and have a passion to share with their audience and customers.
This article discusses all the reasons why you might want to create a subscription website, as well as how to go about doing so.
The Benefits of a Subscription Website
One huge benefit to building a subscription-based website is consistency of income.
Traffic to websites is often inconsistent. If you’re making money from AdSense or advertising, your income could go up or down by as much as 40% on any given month. That makes it very hard to plan a business.
A subscription-based website on the other hand is guaranteed income every month. Even if traffic drops off for a month or two, you still have income from your past subscribers.
Snowball Effect Benefit:
Subscription sites also benefit from the “snowball effect.” Instead of just getting sales, you’re getting subscribers that pay you every month. That means that as time passes, your monthly income is guaranteed to continue increasing as long as you keep getting traffic – even if your traffic numbers don’t increase! Where other webmasters might feel like their earning power is capped, yours will keep growing simply because of your business model.
The Components of a Successful Subscription Website
A successful subscription website needs to have a few ingredients:
People need to know you and your company. It helps a lot to build a reputation in your space. Getting someone to pay for something every month is a lot harder than getting a single sale. Trust is a crucial component to making the sale.
- Unique Content:
What are you promising that’s worth paying for every month? Make sure that whatever you’re selling, you really offer something that your customers will find valuable.
- A Great Sales Pitch:
Start with an explanation of all the benefits of being a member and why they should join.
Starting is easy. All you need is a monthly product to sell and decent copywriting skills.
- Create your website: Make sure that your site has enough free content or proof such that people can really get a sense for who you are and the quality of your content.
- Processing Payments: You can process your payments using a processor that can handle recurring payments. These include:
- Click Bank
- Drive Traffic: It is necessary to develop a strategy to attract attention to your website. You can drive traffic for free using Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This involves using keywords of the most frequent terms that match the subject of your website.
Other methods to drive traffic to your membership site include:
- PPC (Paid Per Click advertising with Google or Bing).
- Social Media or through various online communities such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
- Sales Page: Convert people who land on your web page into subscribers through a compelling sales page. Then, as long as you’re driving traffic and providing the monthly content, you get to collect the checks month in and month out.
Membership websites are easy to set up with Word Press and you can operate it the same way you would on your blog. That way you can interact with your members and keep them happy and paying for years to come.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Also, please click the “Like” button for the Facebook post. Thanks.