Real-Time Marketing Tools for 2016
Retired Baby Boomers may not always be up to date on the latest marketing tools. We have a tendency to put off learning how to use new marketing tools due to the learning curve. Remember, we are retired and we have control of our time. You can devote time to learn at least one of these tools to help you develop your brand for your business.
What is Real-Time Marketing?
The term dates back to ancient times (about five years ago) when companies would train their sales person to help the customer. The goal was to inform, educate, stress the benefits, ask for the order and close the sale. This was the traditional “real-time” marketing strategy that stressed customer interaction with the company. It was an effective method to develop the customer’s trust and loyalty in making a buying decision.
The development of social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Google + expanded the social one to one interaction between the salesperson and customer in a store to encompass several communication channels. The high speed Internet allowed this social interaction with a customer anywhere in the world to create a pleasing, visual experience. Huge companies have been working on this strategy to utilize customer demographic data with a real time marketing campaign utilizing video, text, graphics, and voice communication interactivity.
Today, the small home-based business owner can use the same tools to increase customer awareness of your product or service. The cost is but a fraction of what the “big boys” spent developing the strategy. It is truly a “game changer” for small businesses to compete on a level playing field. They can now offer the same visual experience and interactivity with targeted audiences.
Explosion in New Real-Time Marketing Platforms
As popular as real-time marketing tools have been in 2015, they’re ready to explode into new popularity for 2016. New technology is harnessing the high speed Internet with startling advances. It is now easy to conduct streaming chats, share images, and engage with your customers using the new interactive features of these platforms.
The time has come to get up from sitting behind your computer and let the world see the “real” you. These tools will help you achieve your marketing goals.
Six Tools to Put to Work in Your Marketing Efforts:
- Snapchat: This messaging app allows you to share photos or videos with a caption, doodle or special lenses, and add to your story to share with all your followers. It is an amazingly innovative and fun application that you can use in business. You can also share directly with friends.
- Key Benefit: They will only see it for ten seconds and then it disappears.
- Experiment using this app
- Explore how you can use it for your home-based business.
Click here for the Resource: Snapchat: The Ultimate Insider Tips & Secrets Guidebook by Neo Monefa.
- Periscope.tv: Twitter owns this live streaming app, but there is a learning curve due to the multiple applications available to the user.
- Key Benefit: It is very interactive and fun for the customer. Why? You can send out live video via your mobile device…
- On any subject
- Instant access by Twitter
Click here for the Resource: How to Use Periscope for Small Business
- Blab.im: This app runs online via your computer and has a mobile app available.
- Key Benefit: Conducting live radio-like events.
- You can record your blabs
- Use the recordings later in a replay
- Upload to YouTube
- Upload to various podcasting apps as audio only.
Click here for the Resource: McGee’s Guide to Blab: Using Blab.im to increase Your Social Media Presence, and Make Money!
- Yovo.me: This messaging app is interesting in how it works.
- Key Benefit: You can send messages with images that have selective portions blurred out so that only those who are listed can view the images in full.
- Create group stories using live shots or photos
- Add your story to the library
- Friends can upload different clips to add to the story.
3. Meerkatapp.co: This mobile app enables you to send out live video broadcasts using your mobile device.
- Key Benefit: Stream your video to all of your followers.
- Connect to your Facebook account
- Connect to your Twitter account
- Google Hangout: This live streaming broadcast app from Google is an amazing way to market your business.
- Key Benefit: You can host full-fledged webinars using Google Hangouts along with plugins and apps like WebinarJam.com.
Find One Application and Try It As Your Marketing Strategy
These six real-time marketing tools have many applications for making your business better than ever in 2016. As a new user, you need to take your time to learn how to use one at a time. Try out different tools, find one that you like the most and stick with it. What is nice about using a real time marketing tool is that it allows you to be yourself. Invest the time and your imagination to master a tool and let the world know you are open for business.
I found another resource to help you understand and apply Google+ social media platform features to work effectively to reach out to your customers.
Alex Stearn’s book, Make Google+ Work for Your Business, is packed with information on how you can apply this important social medial tool to increase your business and reach your targeted audience.
Tweet: Mobile apps for business – here’s what’s up and coming in 2016. LINK